Saturday 9 January 2010

Just loving ELLE UK magazine - got my 2010 fashion monthly fix sorted!

I am a magazine freak. Love 'em. But I haven't subscribed to a mag since back in the day as a teenager when nothing other than Allure would do (you know when the supers and Kevyn Aucoin were "it", when the matte look was everywhere and MAC Spice lip pencil everyone's favourite). Belledejour's recent post spurred me on to write my own. Check her post out too at http://belledujournewyorkcity.blogspot.com/2010/01/make-up-inspiration-du-jour-1810.html

So I have subscribed and officially become an ELLE UK fan! Just makes so much more sense if I am buying them from the newsagent monthly. #Note to self# Shop Smarter in 2010. I've been getting back into ELLE over the last 6 months, I just love their edgy, refreshing, London based outlook. I might not be able to afford a lot of the stuff in there - but it gives me inspiration and makes me feel in touch with the city I live in. I guess they cover my taste of fashion but what I also really like about ELLE UK is that they cover London culture and lifestyle - which makes it a good read to me. Sometimes I feel like I get ELLE and then London Time Out all in one : D Plus I've been loving their cover girls lately - and this week's newest Feb edition stars noneother than the oh-so-gorgeous Natalie Portman:


I also subscribed of course this month because of the freebies ; D #Smart Shopping Act 2#. Three Essie nail polishes come with subscription this month - Secret Affair, No Boundaries and Great Expectations. After my manicure last weekend (which has lasted til today so I am impressed) with Essie's Pepperoni (pic above and below), I didn't need any more reason to subscribe.

(Love this red!)

ELLE UK also has a great website - with a fun and friendly beauty section with their beauty editors posting about everything and anything new in beauty in this city. I love checking them out on a daily basis! Dream job ; D

So, you can tell that I have begun a love affair with ELLE UK.

What magazines, publications, websites do you just absolutely love?

No comments:

Post a Comment