Saturday 30 April 2011

Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes Liner - Champagne 23L & FOTD


I got this liner during my trip to Hong Kong last December, and of late have been wearing it every day. I like to use a flesh coloured liner on my waterline, especially during the week at work, as this really does a lot to brighten my eyes and make me not look so tired. Combined with a bit of eyeshadow, concealer, brows filled in and mascara - this is what I do to achieve a wide eyed fresh faced look!

And the MUFE eyeliner helps me to do this. It is described on the Sephora website as metalllic pink champagne - and I would add to that that the pink is a very light shade of pink so if you are looking at a flesh coloured pencil, it still works. It's also pigmented, so not just shimmer.

As the swatch on my hand shows, it really isn't that OTT.



One great thing about this liner is the application. It glides on really smooth and has great staying power. I don't think it's waterproof - as by the end of a long day it's not as apparent as when I first put it on in the morning - but it's pretty good at being smudge proof.

I always shied away from a shimmery flesh toned waterline as I thought it might be too much in comparison to a matte liner. That it might look bit tacky. Either my taste as changed (!), or the formula and finish isn't offensive. You can definitely layer on the intensity and the more you put on, the more shimmer there is. I hope you agree from how it looks on this pic!




I also love to use it on my cupid's bow as a higlighter. I don't use it so much on my inner eye corners or browbone as higlighter because funnily enough it's not easy to apply on larger areas (even the inner corner), I much prefer using creams/powders.

This has now become a HG staple for me. I have since tried 2 others colours (black, OL and bronze, 10L)- and they're as good too. I'm doing this review on 23L as I just think it is more unique.

I'm a fan of the MUFE Aqua Eye Creams as well, so I would definitely recommend checking both the creams and liners our from this brand.

Not easily available in the UK,you can get it from PAM cosmetics and gurumakeupemporium in London and for those of you lucky enough to have a Sephora, they are stockists too.

Have you tried these items from MUFE? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment