Tuesday 3 May 2011

My 70s inspired outfit of the day, plus face of the day (I am a 70s baby afterall!)

I'm planning a major and so overdue clearout of my wardrobe and at first attempts I came across a midi denim skirt that I haven't worn a lot. It's from a Monsoon sale a year or so ago and I've never really been able to nail an outfit from it without looking frumpy.

Inspired by the current 70s trend and for midi skirts - I think I found a way to work it. With colours of tan, slight pink and gold accents - all in neutral tones.

The main colour is the denim skirt that is an A line flare (Monsoon) , but I tried to balance it out with a slouchy light pink lightweight T shirt (Whistles) with a white tank (M&S), doubled with a tan belt (can't remember from where). The wedges I'm wearing in here I decided not to go with, as it seemed to drag the whole look down, so opted for gold bow peep toe wedges (Dune).





The tan leather bag is my newest fave accessory - which I got from the Island Beverley Shopping Centre in Causewaybay in Hong Kong.



All clothing items are from the depths of my wardrobe - so am afraid that these items are not available anymore.

I have been wearing bright red nail polish for at least the last 2 months, I can't get enough of it. My fave is Essie Jelly Apple which I have discovered is a dupe of China Glaze's Paint the Town Red - the latter that I already had in my collection! Major clearout needed indeed : D I think the retro red colour just goes so well with gold jewellery - the rings I got from San Francisco at a stall. My necklace (seen below in my FOTD pics) is a delicate gold chain with crystal beads from Gogo Philips at Topshop.



I went for a clean, bronzed FOTD which involved:

Chantecaille Future Skin foundation
Becca Duo Concealer
MAC e/s in Brule and Cork all over lid
MAC e/s in woodwinked and Antiqued on lower lashline
Prestige khol e/l in brown
Maybelline Full& Soft WP mascara
MAC Happy Together blush
MAC 2N l/g




Phew, long post! How do you veterans do it?! : D

Any rediscoveries from your closets or makeup arsenal?

3 comments:

  1. Love the 70's feel outfit!!great bag. Sorry haven't answered blog comments from last post but yes the seche vite is a great barrier between nail and polish and great at filling ridges or peeling nails xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh love that midi-skirt, so retro! I nearly bought a leather midi skirt in Topshop sale but I felt unsure - now, might go back! Cannot believe you are a 70s baby, grr what lovely skin you have xx

    oh ps. to butt in, my fave base coat is CND Ridge filler one, I don't like the seche one as much it is very thin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have guessed that you were a 70s baby! Good to know that not everyone in the yt beauty community are in their early twenties as I'm not.

    ReplyDelete