Wednesday 2 September 2009

Bank Holiday Outfit workout - and a mini accessories haul

So I noted that one of my favourite things at the moment is surfing ebay for vintage dresses and worked them out (as least I think I did) over the bank hols with my favourite piece of clothing after my Lee jeans - a good old pair of black leggings (courtesy of M&S). I can also see both these dresses working it in Autumn/Winter, paired with thick black tights and my beloved Pied A Terre patent Mary Janes.

Here's the first one - my take on the flowy/hippie-ish/festival-ish look (perfect with middle parted long hair, with a braid or two). I love the butterfly sleeves:


I had a 20% discount magazine voucher for Dorothy Perkins, I bought 2 things. To replace my wallet that was stolen : ( I bought this lovely sturdy leather studded wallet with a lovely tassle - perfect to use as a clutch too. The blushed pink patent platforms are a total impromptu purchase - I don't have anything like it in my wardrobe - but I thought it would go great with an outfit to my cousin's wedding next year, as well as add to the beige/nude collection I am trying to carve into my wardrobe : D But a good shoe purchase at £29! They had them in black too and looked very Pamela Anderson : D


So I had to try out the new heels with my outfit:


To my UK subscribers there is a 20% voucher to Dorothy Perkins with this week's Look Magazine (the one with Cheryl Cole on the cover) - just in case you were interested.

Onto my 2nd outfit, teamed with black leggings of course, is this lovely blue floral cotton dress with pockets which I put together with an old denim shirt as a jacket too:






I just love the gathered sleeves at the top and also the granddaddy collar.

I love finding vintage dresses on ebay - most of them go for pretty cheap (though some are outstandingly expensive!). I'm digging this fashion thing : D

Do you like vintage? What's your style?

No comments:

Post a Comment