Friday 29 May 2009

Fashion workout of the day

So my first fashion post! I'm trying to get more fashion wise with my wardrobe, spent far too much of my youth and twenties playing it 'safe', and so recently I've been trying to hone in on some basic items as well as the frivolous trendy item. I #think# that I am a pear shape (thanks to Trinny & Susannah's definitions) and when I emphasise my waist with a belt or fitted piece of clothing - it seems to be the most flattering for my shape. So, when I saw these 2 wide belts on the House of Fraser online sale I thought they were perfect!



I received them today - which has put me in a good mood for the weekend - and immediately tried them on with an long T, fitted shirt and also a fitted dress for work. They're both from Episode, a good quality brand, and are a gorgeous leather. The kind that's not too soft or too hard - but sturdy enough to help you achieve that great silhouette. And just the right width. They were also 50% off! Black is a given staple of course and I was so tempted by the beige - I'm currently loving the beige trend - as it's great for summer.

What purchases have you made recently which you think are staples in your closet?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment