Thursday 28 May 2009

Inaugural beauty workout of the day

So my first makeup post is related to what I wore to work today. On the whole I'm pretty conservative for the office, concentrating on keeping my makeup minimal but somewhat trying to get to pretty. Something that will just make me look bright eyed and bushy tailed.

So I was running VERY late for work today. I hate putting makeup on in the Tube, but it's a necessary evil when I've left home sooooo late. I love watching other people do it - cos I can check out what products they are using as well as any tips/techniques that I can pick up! So before I run out the door, I make sure that I've applied the basics on first which is whack on my HG Sofina Lucent UV SPF50 (doubles up as primer and SPF), mix foundation in with my moisturiser & apply (today was Laura Mercier Silk Creme with Olay Radiance Moisturiser Cream), swipe on Stila Convertible Colour in Rose on cheeks, followed by a quick dash of MAC Paint pot in Soft Ochre or MAC Bare Canvas on eyes, then a sheer wash of whatever eyeshadow I choose - and then grab my bag and RUN out the door.

Next stage is on the Tube where I grab myself a seat and voila - open my makeup bag:



Always listening to my Ipod (this morning was Beyoncé's Sweet Dreams)- I use my trusty Hello Kitty mirror to help me apply the rest. You'll see in here I have:

NYX Iced Mocha eyeshadow (which I used as a sheer wash but just in case I needed to touch up)
Maybelline Full & Soft waterproof mascara in black
Shu Uemura eyelash curler
MAC MSF Natural in Medium (applied with Bobbi Brown's kabuki brush hidden in the bag)
Maybelline Moisture Shine Lipgloss

Needless to say the man sitting opposite me was more intrigued by me taking a photo of may makeup bag and Ipod than by me actually applying my makeup : D

So if you run into me on the Tube, please excuse me getting out my makeup bag. By all means, come on over and have a peek!

Til next time.......

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post, especially the bit about the guy watching you - made me laugh at loud :) x

    ReplyDelete