Tuesday 30 November 2010

My birthday haul........

So it was my birthday yesterday - another year goes by : D

I took the day off and decided to do a round of shopping. I like to walk around places to get a feel of what they are like - especially on a work day to see how life is when I'm not in the office : D It was nice, I've been quite stressed at work so it took me a while to come down to enjoy my day. But by the time I'd bought the one thing I'd been lusting after - I felt much better.

I also hauled at the 20% discount event at Shu Uemura in Covent Garden today. Here's my haul:



Ever since reading WearingitToday's post on these fabulous leopard print Kurt Geiger heels - I had to have them. They weren't cheap but I waited til getting a discount offer somehow - and it appeared in a 25% offer with Glamour UK magazine. I feel glamorous and sexy as soon as they slip onto my feet - I can see wearing them with all black or with some cargo pants. Miaow : D SATC for sure.



So here's my Shu haul plus MAC's Eyebrown crayon in Stud and also Clarins Instant Light Brush on Perfector in 02. I love my Shu brow gel but I did a full on heavier face with smokey eyes on Saturday (my boyfriend took me out to a posh Thai restaurant for my birthday- Nahm in London - so I got my hair did too)and I felt that my brows looked a bit light in comparison to the rest of my face. So I'm gonna try out the MAC crayon - as it's quite creamy and easy to apply and the colour seems to match my Shu brow gel if I wanted to use them both together.

I also have wanted to recreate that famous Kardashian concealer trick thing beneath the eyes but with an illuminating highlighter so opted for a highlighter pen. I chose Clarins because I liked how it swatched (in comparison to Dior, Givenchy etc) - it looks like foundation but with a certain coverage and dewiness - none of that pale pink whitish cast which I get with YSL Touche Eclat. A review will be coming up on that.





I got 2 matte e/s from Left-Right, M beige 831 and M beige 821. I passed by the NARS counter the other day and swatched the e/s duo Madrague and I liked the tone of the shades but much prefer the quality of Shu e/s. These aren't exact matches - but quite similar and looking forward to using it for a neutral work look, with caramel tones.



I was planning on getting a pink blush cos I don't have a pink from Shu, but instead fell in love with this caramel neutral toned blush M Amber 86 - on the left. On the right is a shimmery highlighter P Gold 94. I wavered on the highlighter because I have enough of them and this is pretty creamy shimmery but blended out on top of blush, especially the M Amber 86 - it looked very pretty. Very Chloe.



I have a few Shu e/s and blushes now and this palette is perfect to fit them all when I travel. It is v slim and sleek - though I anticipate will scratch easily - but I love compact stuff and this fits the bill.



Then just a few other things. I had to get a refill of my shampoo - Aveda's pure abundance - but also wanted to give Pond's Cold Cream a go as a makeup remover. I remember my mum using this - so I thought why not?

I've also had a creaky Boots hairdryer since my uni days which although still works fine, is just boring. I want to begin styling my hair a bit more now and needed to up my hair karma : D So I just got a Babyliuss Turbo Power 2200 dryer. The T3 will have to wait.

And lastly, I am a huge fan of SATC the series - watch it on re run every night - so I couldn't get away with not treating myself to SATC2 that was released on my birthday - just had to obey karma. I've just watched it tonight : D

Can't wait to play with my new goodies......thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh you lucky duck, you got such great new things!!! I adore the Shu you picked up (jealous now that I din't go) and those shoes are so fun and yes very SATC! I bet they look fantastic on you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul love the look of the blushers :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy belated birthday, those are really good treats to spoil yourself with :)

    ReplyDelete